Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Movie Response: "What the Bleep Do We Know!?"

     For a little taste of "What the Bleep Do We Know!?" check out the trailer above!
This documentary is thought provoking to say the least. The plot of the movie basically follows a female photographer who is deaf and is struggling with deep internal issues that mostly arise from finding out her husband was having an affair. Throughout the movie there are a number of people who I assume are professionals in their field who discuss a variety of topics from quantum physics to spirituality as they start to relate to the point this photographer is at in her life journey.

     It was completely different from what I expected and actually made me question a great deal about what I have always believed to be "facts." I did not necessarily buy into everything they were talking about but I was able to understand that perhaps the way I perceive things and the way I have been taught to think may not necessarily be one hundred percent correct. I truly do not believe that anything is purely black and white, but there are always gray areas when it comes to "facts." Human knowledge is ever-changing and every day there are new discoveries and progresses being made. In truth these the ideas that were put into this movie seemed more like a shade of possibility rather than absolute truth. Yet again though, I had to ask myself what exactly absolute truth is. Every idea mankind has ever had has come from the human mind which is incredible, yes, but in no way perfect. 

 Question is: How far down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment