Monday, January 10, 2011

Peter Lik

 While in Aspen this past weekend I actually came across a really great art gallery that contained some of the works of the modern photographer Peter Lik. I feel like those in the photography world have probably heard all about him, but I had never heard of him before and was completely blown away by his photography. The gallery had all of his photos illuminated and blown up to enormous sizes, which probably added to the grandeur of it all, and I could not help but to imagine what it would be like to one day have my work so fantastically displayed.
Peter Lik is a self-taught landscape photographer from Australia and is the most awarded photographer in history. He has received the Master Photographer award..


"I have stood in awe of sculptured landscapes touched by the emerging light of dawn, the day's last rays and the haunting glow of moonlight."
~Peter Lik, Master Photographer





The following video clip is a bit on the dramatic side, but I found it pretty inspiring to just go out into the world and take as many great shots as I can. Enjoy =]


For more information I would recommend checking out www.peterlik.com where you can check out more of his photography, videos, blog (which is full of great photography tips), news, and so forth.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this as a poster...named tranquility, I bought it at Hobby Lobby five years ago, framed it myself in a stunning black frame, with sharp white matting. It hung in my office for two years, now it graces my bedroom. I was stunned to find out it was a poster of a Peter Lik photograph....I love it.

    ReplyDelete