Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Sense of the Other/Paris du Nuit


     This photography course has attracted a diverse and wonderful group of people and it has been a pleasure gradually learning a little bit about each of their unique backgrounds. Very few of us are actually art majors, but all of us are here to improve our skill level with photography, whatever level it may be at. The portraits I have selected from today’s photographs are of Roddy (our hilarious and irreplaceable instructor), Anna (one of our three brave freshmen), Janna (my roommate with an impressive background in art history), and Breanna (who comes up with some of the most creative poses I have ever seen).
     Due to the constant interaction with my fellow classmates/travelers I feel like I could write an excerpt about each of them. At the moment, the two individuals I have spent the most time around have been Janna and Breanna Janna is a very lovely and serene person to be around which has made her the ideal roommate. She is an art history major, so naturally she has been putting my little historical knowledge to shame in places like the Louvre Museum. She is a fourth year student as well, and did her study abroad in France, which has definitely made me feel comfortable traveling with her as she understands French culture on a different level. I believe that the photographs I took of her were able to capture her sweet nature and how at ease she is with her surroundings.
     Then there’s Breanna whose personality could never be fully captured by my words. An absolute riot, yet down-to-earth girl, I have definitely enjoyed getting to know her. She is a sophomore who has already started her own photography company, “Shredded Elements”, which I find very impressive as that is something I have always dreamed of doing. Her enthusiasm throughout the trip is wonderful, and has definitely been a reminder to enjoy every second we have in Paris and London as it is going by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment