Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Sense of Place

Today, my photography was primarily focused on a combination of how to interpret “A Sense of Place” within the Palace of Versailles and simply making sure to get as many photos as possible to remember every detail. I can honestly say it was a success. The Palace of Versailles is an awe-inspiring place full of such a rich history I could not believe I was walking across the same grounds as royals had. Versailles is a location I had heard about in far off stories and movies, but I could not believe that was actually it. Place is simply a term of reference to one’s identity and can be interpreted in many ways. I was able to reflect on how my physical place was Versailles, yet my place in the grand scheme of life would be much more difficult to pinpoint. The royals who resided at the Palace of Versailles were obviously in a very entitled position, and I found it incredulous there were people starving in the streets of France with such an abuse of wealth on blatant display in a place like Versaille. While it is undoubtedly a beautiful museum, I could envision myself being outraged by so few being able to enjoy such luxury. This place had an aura of history In order to reflect how dream-like the entire experience was I edited many of my photos to give them an ethereal and darker effect. While the exterior of the entire setting is beautiful, there is a much more negative aspect to the historical gross misdistribution of wealth which I felt could not be ignored. The following are several of the images taken from this exploration of Versailles, but please check out the flickr page for more photographs: http://www.flickr.com/groups/2069577@N25/

No comments:

Post a Comment